We hope we find you well, safe and healthy in these tricky times.
In light of everything that is happening right now, we have taken the very tough, but we feel correct, decision to postpone LCBF20 from August until 27/28th November 2020.
We’re a small, independent festival company. We love beer, food and events and we bring everything we’ve got to make LCBF a highlight of the summer calendar. Right now it’s too difficult to be able to put on a great show, and most importantly, to do so safely. There are too many unknowns heading into summer for us to do the festival justice.
When this disaster broke in March, we knew LCBF was under threat, but we hoped things would have returned to enough normality early enough to be able to make it happen. Alas, that has not been the way it has unfolded. Although it seems things are beginning to ease, it’s a little too late for an event of our size. It’s the highlight of our year, it defines our summer, so it’s really heartbreaking to have to postpone from our summer slot.
The GREAT news is that we’ve secured new dates in November at Tobacco Dock, and so we’ll be running a very special winter edition of LCBF. The same format, breweries, great food, but with a Christmassy, wintery, party vibe. We know it’s going to be special and one of the first major gatherings of breweries, chefs, musicians, and beer lovers coming out of this disaster.
Craft beer is about quality, community, care and attention and these are things that will endure. Of that we have no doubt. Once this virus has been overcome, London Craft Beer Festival will be part of its comeback in this great city – a celebration of sociability, community and creativity.
Your support of our event, of the breweries who come, of the indy food producers is so, so important. Without you we’re nothing and so we’re very grateful for your support in building the festival over the years, and in being part of its future.
What to do with you tickets?
- Your tickets are now valid for the new LCBF20 dates in November.
- If you cannot make the new dates in November, your tickets are also valid for LCBF21 August 13-15, Tobacco Dock London and for the 2022 edition.
- If you would like to change session in November, you just need to email [email protected] with the new session and we’ll update your ticket.
- Everyone who has Sunday tickets will need to email in to pick a new session as we’re only able to run 4 sessions this time, across Friday and Saturday.
- For any Weekender Tickets coming in 2020 we’ll honour a free fifth session at LCBF in 2021 or one of our festivals.
- If you cannot make the postponed dates and would like to hold your tickets for 2021 or 2022 please email [email protected] – please do this by the last day of September. Don’t worry – we’ll remind you again.
- You can also transfer your tickets to the sister events we run in Bristol, Birmingham and Edinburgh. Just let us know via email.
Once again, we’d like to thank everyone for their support, not just this year but throughout the time we’ve been running LCBF. We can’t wait to welcome you back and raise a glass of something special together, later in the year.